The Google Camera (GCam) is a popular camera app developed by Google for Android devices. It is known for its advanced camera features and excellent image quality, and it is widely used by photographers and smartphone enthusiasts around the world.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S23 device, you may be wondering how you can download and install GCam on your device. In this article, we will provide a detailed guide on how to download GCam for your Samsung Galaxy S23 device.
Before we begin, it’s important to note that GCam is not available on the Google Play Store. In order to download and install GCam on your Samsung Galaxy S23 device, you will need to download and install the app manually. This process is known as “sideloading” and it requires a few additional steps compared to installing apps from the Google Play Store.
Table of Contents
Download Google Camera (GCam 8.4 APK) For Samsung Galaxy S23?
There are two functional variants of the GCam app. Arnova8G2 and BSG maintain them. Both devs have upgraded their GCam mods to use Google Camera 8.4 as a base, and they should work on the Samsung Galaxy S23 without issue.
Here’s How To Install GCam On Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra:
- Download the GCam APK file. You can find the latest version of GCam for your device from above. Make sure to download the APK file that is specifically designed for your device.
- Enable app installations from unknown sources. On your Samsung Galaxy S23 device, go to Settings > Security > Unknown sources and toggle the switch to “On”. This will allow you to install apps from sources other than the Google Play Store.
- Open the GCam APK file on your device. You can do this by using a file manager app or by tapping on the APK file in your device’s notification tray.
- Tap on the “Install” button to begin the installation process.
- Wait for the installation to complete. Once it is finished, you will see the GCam app on your device’s home screen.
- Open GCam and enjoy!
It’s important to note that sideloading apps on an Android device carries some risks. Since you are installing apps from sources other than the official app store, you may be exposing your device to security vulnerabilities. There is also a risk of damaging your device or voiding your warranty if something goes wrong.
Before you decide to sideload GCam or any other app on your Samsung Galaxy S23 device, make sure to do your research and understand the risks involved. If you are not comfortable with the process or if you are concerned about the safety of your device, it may be best to avoid sideloading apps altogether.
GCam 8.4 offers everything that was there with the previous releases. It also introduces the following features.
- Quick Zoom
- Cinematic Pan
- Improved Super Res Zoom
- Night Sight Portrait Mode
Night Sight, Astrophotography, and other popular GCam features are now available. By navigating to Settings > Advanced, you can activate them.
GCam is a camera app known for its advanced features and excellent image quality. Some of the functional features that are available on the app include:
- Astrophotography mode allows you to take high-quality photos of the night sky and celestial objects.
- Portrait mode (rear camera): This mode allows you to take photos with a shallow depth of field, which helps to blur the background and focus on the subject.
- EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization): This feature helps to stabilize the image and reduce camera shake when taking photos or videos.
- Standard Photo mode allows you to take regular photos using the rear camera.
- Panorama: This mode allows you to take comprehensive, panoramic photos by capturing multiple images and stitching them together.
- Photosphere: This mode allows you to take 360-degree photos that can be viewed in virtual reality or on a computer.
- Video: This mode allows you to record videos using the rear camera.
There are also some known issues with the app that you should be aware of:
- The app crashes when you turn on the front camera in Astrophotography mode.
- The app crashes when you turn on the front camera in portrait mode.
- The front camera does not work in standard photo mode.
- The time-lapse feature does not function.
- When you turn on slow motion, the app crashes.
GCam is a powerful camera app with many features and excellent image quality. However, there are also some known issues that you should be aware of before you decide to use the app. If you own a Samsung Galaxy S23 device and want to try GCam, you can sideload the app by following the steps outlined in this article. Remember to use caution and understand the risks before you sideload apps on your device.