Firmware updates are essential to keep your LG 27GR95QE monitor running smoothly and to ensure it benefits from the latest enhancements and bug fixes.
In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the steps to update the firmware on your LG 27GR95QE monitor using LG’s OnScreen Control software.
Updating the firmware on your monitor is a straightforward process that requires a few simple steps. By following these instructions, you can ensure your monitor stays up-to-date and optimized for the best performance.
Table of Contents
Here are the steps to update the firmware on the LG 27GR95QE monitor:
Step 1: Access the LG Product Page
- Visit the official LG product page for the LG 27GR95QE monitor. This process can also apply to the 45-inch model.
Step 2: Navigate to the Support Section
- Scroll down the product page until you locate the “Support” section.
Step 3: Download OnScreen Control Software
- Under “Manuals and Downloads” in the “Support” section, find the “Software and Drivers” category.
- Locate the Windows OnScreen Control software and download the latest available version.
Step 4: Install OnScreen Control Software
- After downloading the software, run the installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. This typically takes less than a minute.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer
- To ensure that the OnScreen Control software functions correctly, restart your computer.
Step 6: Connect the USB Cable
- Use a USB cable (A and B connection) to establish a connection between your computer and the LG 27GR95QE monitor.
Step 7: Launch OnScreen Control
- Open the OnScreen Control software on your computer. This software is essential for updating your monitor’s firmware.
Step 8: Initiate the Firmware Update
- Within the OnScreen Control interface, look for the option to update your monitor’s firmware. Click on it to start the process.
Step 9: Monitor Update Progress
- During the firmware update, you may see a progress bar displayed on your monitor.
- Be prepared for the update process to take some time, which could be up to a couple of hours.
- Don’t be alarmed if you notice screen flashes during the update; these are normal.
Step 10: Completion and Post-Update Steps
- Once the firmware update is finished, a notification will confirm the successful update.
- To complete the process, disconnect the USB cable from your monitor and then reinsert it to prevent potential issues.
- Optionally, perform a factory reset on your monitor’s picture settings to ensure no old settings from the previous firmware version remain.
Following these steps carefully will allow you to successfully update the firmware on your LG 27GR95QE monitor, keeping it in optimal condition and taking advantage of any improvements introduced by LG.
Updating the firmware on your LG 27GR95QE monitor is a necessary maintenance task to ensure optimal performance and to benefit from any improvements LG may have introduced.
By following these step-by-step instructions, you can easily keep your monitor up-to-date and enjoy the latest enhancements, bug fixes, and improved performance. Remember to be patient during the firmware update process, as it can take some time, and follow the post-update steps for the best results.