Do you want to utilise Samsung Dex on your Galaxy Tab A8? Unfortunately, because these tablets are entry-level, it does not support Dex natively.
Samsung only offers Dex for their premium catalogue tablets.
However, we have discovered an alternative software for the Tab A8 with a similar multitasking Dex feature.
So, without further ado, let’s have a look at how you can transform your essential tablets into multitasking machines without having to root.
Table of Contents
How To Get Samsung Dex On Galaxy Tab A8? | Desktop Mode For A8
- Click 5 times on the build number inside the software information tab to enable Developers Options in settings.
- Enable Force activities to be re-sizable inside the Developers options.
- Download the Taskbar app by clicking Here
- Open the app, and turn on the top right button to start the app.
- Grant the permission to the app and again press the top right button to enable the Taskbar app.
- Don’t forget to on the accessibility for Taskbar.
It appeared in the bottom left-hand corner; now, tap the little arrow in the bottom left-hand corner to select programmes from here, similar to a Start menu.
If the programme launches in full-screen mode, drag from the top left corner to resize it; now, you can move it about as you choose.
By connecting to a Chromecast, you can use a second display. Even so, it will only mirror what is on the tablet, so it isn’t as good as dex.
Sentio is an alternative to the Taskbar app if you don’t like it. Please leave a comment if you have any problems installing these programmes.