The PlayStation 4 controller, the DualShock 4, is one of the best controllers out there. If you play video games on PC you can also configure it in Windows to use it in all computer games. We are going to show you how to use the PlayStation 4 controller on PC.
Depending on the game, it is not always convenient to play on a PC with a keyboard and mouse. Sometimes it is more comfortable to have a controller in your hands, and what better than to use the PS4 controller itself if you have the console. If you are looking for a way to take advantage of your PS4 controller to play on PC, you are in the right place!
Table of Contents
Connect The PS4 Controller Using Cable
This is the option that you should use if you use the Steam platforms or, obviously, if your computer does not include Bluetooth connectivity. For everything to work as it should, you have to download and install the DS4Windows application in Windows 10 (the process is the usual one and the only thing that may be strange is that you will have to unpack what you get from the Internet for free). Once this is done, perform the following steps:
- Among the files you have available for the downloaded application, you have to run DS4Updater and then follow the steps you see on the screen
- Now connect the USB cable included with the PS4 controller to the Windows 10 system computer.
- Wait a moment for the new hardware to be recognized, it shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes at most
- You will now have the controller available to play without problems in Windows 10 and with all the buttons working, after the triggers
Connect The PS4 Controller Using Bluetooth
Other ways to connect both devices is through this wireless method, you can carry it out as long as your PC has a Bluetooth adapter. If this is so, you will only have to follow the steps that we will explain below:
- The first thing you have to do is double-click the wireless connection (Bluetooth) icon that will appear on your computer screen.
- Once a window is loaded, you will select the option “Bluetooth Device”.
- Now on the PS4 controller, you are going to press the central button of “PlayStation” simultaneously along with the “Share” button, this will have to be done for about 3 to 5 seconds while the controller light blinks.
- After this the PC will recognize the device, you must click on “Pair”. You may be asked for a password if this happens you must put the following number “0000”.
- Once this configuration has been carried out successfully, the control will be recognized as “Wireless standard”.
- The device will be recognized that way because, just like the wired connection, Windows 10 will take it as a “default configuration” which will affect the buttons in the same way.
As you have seen, using the PS4 controller on PC is simple, although it requires installing an application. But it works well and allows us to enjoy some of the best gamepads that exist, on our computer. You are now ready to put Tekken 7 or Dragon Ball FighterZ on PC with a Dual Shock 4!