Social networks undoubtedly have many positive aspects: they allow us to keep in touch with friends near and far. They are a source of entertainment, and, often, they are helpful to inform us about what is happening around us. However, it is undeniable that these tools also have downsides, and the privacy issue is undoubtedly the thorniest of all.
If you are a member of Facebook, we are sure that, at least once, you have wondered how to feel safer on this platform, where you enter your data, post photos, share thoughts and opinions, and much more. In short, on Facebook, you expose yourself a lot, and you don’t want everyone to have the freedom to mind your own business.
It seems legitimate! Whether it’s your employer, someone you don’t talk to anymore, or your ex-partner, we understand your point of view perfectly: there are people you’d rather stay out of your profile. Well, in this guide, we will explain how to hide Facebook Profile from search results.
Table of Contents
How To Hide Facebook Profile From Search Results
- Go to Facebook and access your profile.
- Click on the arrow, top right.
- From the drop-down menu, choose ” Settings and privacy, “then ” Settings.
- In the left column, click on ” Privacy.
- A screen will open for you. Scroll down to find the section ” How people find and contact you.
- Click on ” Edit ” next to ” Who can find you using the email address you provided ” and choose ” Friends ” or ” Only me “for even greater security.
- Repeat for the next wording, which is ” Who can look for you using the phone number you provided.
- Finally, click on ” Edit ” next to “Do you want search engines outside Facebook to redirect to your profile? ”And select“ No.” This option removes your profile page from Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engines.
It may take a few days before your profile is entirely invisible to search engines. The reason is that it is necessary to give the search engines time to update their index. By default, Facebook’s privacy settings are relatively insecure about satisfying the curiosity of its users. It is possible and necessary to strengthen it to hide privacy elements that could cause you harm in the future, even if they appear harmless.